In this post, I review on GoDaddy Hosting. Hope you love this article.
GoDaddy Website Hosting Journey:
Scottsdale, Arizona-based GoDaddy is arguably the best known hosting company in the world. Founded in 1997 by Bob Parsons, Americans and other global citizens who aren’t even connected online have probably heard of it from its NASCAR sponsorship, one dollar domain names, and sizzling Super Bowl ads featuring professional race car driver Danica Patrick, fitness guru Jillian Michaels (“The Biggest Loser”) plus other attractive women.
GoDaddy Hosting Imprtance: Features and Benefits
GoDaddy’s four (4) main hosting options (note: Multiple pricing plans within each option) aim to satisfy any type of entrepreneur, from the complete newbie to large-sized corporation. There is definitely a plan for you:
- Shared Web Hosting: Private space on a single server; “apartment complex” concept ($3.99-$8.99 per month). This type of hosting is good for people just starting online with little or no traffic.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: WordPress is the world’s most popular blogging platform, and 17% of today’s websites are built with WordPress. Secure, easy to use, and extremely fast ($1.00-$33.99 per month). This type of hosting can be ideal for people who are using a WordPress based website.
- Managed VPS Hosting: Select any Virtual Private Server plan and access the power of a dedicated server. Suited for high-traffic sites, creative agencies, and top-notch developers. Both Linux and Windows plans available ($34.99-$174.99 per month).
- Dedicated Server Plans: GoDaddy’s ultimate in website performance, security, and control. You have your own dedicated server at your disposal ($149.99-$437.99 monthly). Really this level of server is only necessary for massive sites getting hundreds of thousand of visitors a month.
Common GoDaddy benefits regardless of the plan you select include:
- “One-click” installation of over one-hundred fifty apps, including WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla. (Note: GoDaddy’s version of WordPress is somewhat restricted compared to other web hosts).
- 24/7 customer hosting support via telephone or chat.
- Reliability and Performance Guarantees (Thirty-second setup, Unlimited bandwidth, Resource Usage alerts, Backup and restore features, etc.)
- MySQL and cPanel administration, ImageMagick, Logs, Site statistics etc.
GoDaddy Hosting Unimportances
In recent years, GoDaddy has had some high profile issues related to downtime and its pricing policies. Some argue that its advertised low prices are merely facades to trap unsuspecting prospects. A 30-day “No-Risk” trial offer, if not an unconditional month-to-month hosting plan could help in this regard. Right now, you must upgrade to a Deluxe or Ultimate plan to take advantage of month-to-month payment plans.
Paying for your website builder (a dollar per month) is also a minor drag that few of GoDaddy’s main competitors demand. Still, you are compensated with an above average builder that’s easy to use and produces good-looking websites quickly.
The base QuickShoppingCart ($9.99 per month) e-commerce software may be a bit more complicated that competing software, but the end result is a more flexible storefront look. You do get 1GB of disk space, QuickBooks integration, fraud management tools, and credits from Bing, Facebook, and Google Adwords
So far what we have seen sounds and is great. Consistent uptime and great speed. However, nobody is perfect and GoDaddy too, just like all other companies, have their downsides. Having said that, compared to these other big brands, who are now surviving on their brand name alone, GoDaddy is not careless and has overall a great performance.
But these few issues we have found may be a bit too big for some to overlook.
Verdict on GoDaddy Web Hosting, Do we recommend it?
You cannot really beat the fact that GoDaddy is well-known and has been over the last two decades of their existence. The fact that they have been around for a while makes them quite reliable and trustworthy and often makes sense why so many users opt for them too. They have great uptime and has impressive speed which is one of the most important elements that a website should have.
However, with their cons being some of the worst, it is very hard to recommend them wholeheartedly. There are a lot of other web hosts that perform better and does not have high renewal and hidden fees.